Do a quick search online and you will be amazed by the range of materials available for fencing your property. Whether you’re considering a romantic Victorian wrought iron fence, rough-hewn rustic, classic wood, vinyl, concrete, or brick, the variety of fence styles and materials is amazing. No matter what kind of fence you would like, J&A Services, a construction company in North Laurel, is here to help. Read on to discover more about the best choices for your home.
The Benefits of a Fence
Fences serve many purposes for home and business owners.
- Keep children and pets safe with a fence.
- Fences prevent strangers and animals from getting in.
- Enjoy the privacy a fence provides.
- Fences act as sound barriers.
- Protect your garden’s fruits and vegetables with a fence.
Let’s look at the most popular fence material. Wood fences work with any yard and house style. A wood fence provides the ultimate privacy, usually at the lowest cost. Most wood fences require minimal maintenance; a couple of coats of varnish keeps the wood safe for several years.
Some of the most popular woods chosen for their durability and long-lasting properties include teak, cedar, redwood. Due to its strength and sustainability, bamboo is also trending. Pressure-treated woods are very popular due to their rot- and bug-resistant qualities. With proper care, wood fencing can last a couple of decades.
Other materials are popular due to their low-maintenance needs. Consider metal, composite, PVC, vinyl concrete, brick, block, stucco, or stone for your fence.
Fencing Styles to Consider
Fences come in a wide range of styles and choosing the right fence style for your home is important.
- Privacy fence – Blocks all views
- Lattice fence – Partial view through a lattice-work pattern
- Spaced picket fence – “neighbor-friendly” fence
- Scalloped fence – A nostalgic “neighbor-friendly” fence
- Squared fence – for yards with a modern style
- Farm fence – for rustic or country-styled homes
Construction Company in North Laurel: J&A Services
There is more to counting pickets when it comes to determining the price of a fence; there are posts, hardware, concrete, etc. Proper installation by a professional is important. Whether you are considering a trendy fence for your home, or any other kind of home improvement project, contact J&A Services today for your no-obligation FREE estimate. We look forward to working with you to install the fence that works best for you!