Paver patios have incredibly become trendy. It is no surprise as numerous benefits come with using pavers for outdoor spaces compared to other types of material. Even better is the option of custom patios which go a long way in making your property stand out while creating gorgeous entertainment areas for you to enjoy with family and friends. You can consult a paver patio contractor in Owings Mills for professional services to get started on your ideas.
What are the Benefits of Putting in a Paver Patio?
Essentially, pavers are stones made of concrete, clay brick, porcelain, or natural stone. Here are the primary benefits that make pavers popular.
- Versatility-pavers are ideal for commercial and residential properties and can be used for various kinds of spaces, including sidewalks, driveways, patios, pool decks, etc.
- Affordability- pavers are relatively affordable compared to other paving materials as they are naturally occurring and thus easily available. They are also easy to install and serve as a long-term economic solution.
- Design Flexibility- due to many shape, texture, and color options, pavers offer a vast spectrum of options to fit different style preferences.
- Durability- pavers are naturally sturdy and can withstand years of distress. The joints between individual pieces allow for expansion and contraction; hence they do not crack easily.
- Low maintenance- pavers are easy to clean as they only need sweeping and occasional rinsing. Additionally, it is relatively easier to replace individual pieces without interfering with the overall aesthetics.
How to Customize Your Paver Patio
The design process is pretty straightforward, and you can do it yourself before consulting professionals. Ideally, the first step is to identify where you want the patio to go. The next step is to choose the type of pavers you wish to use, and the choices are plenty. They include brick, concrete, bluestone, flagstone, marble, travertine, and porcelain pavers. The options in color, shape, size, and texture can be overwhelming; you may need to consult a professional.
The next stage is the installation process which entails the following steps:
- Preparing the area by making marking
- Installing the foundation using a paver base from gravel or sand
- Laying the pavers
- Add joint sand to close up the gaps between the paver tiles.
- Personalize the area with lighting, plants, or heaters.
Benefits of Having a Custom Paver Patio
Generally, patios are an excellent addition to homes as they help extend living spaces. Customizing patios using pavers helps homeowners optimize these spaces by adding functional features such as fire pits and beautiful outdoor kitchens and dining areas. Additionally, they offer a great return on investment by increasing the property value considerably.
Paver Patio Contractor in Owings Mills.
Thinking of all the possibilities of customizing your paver patio is exciting. You may be tempted to take on the project; however, getting help from an expert guarantees the best results. If you need a paver patio contractor in Owings Mills, contact J&A Services today and get a free quote.