Concrete is an extremely popular choice for driveways across America. Initially, concrete is somewhat more expensive than asphalt and stone. However, most homeowners feel that it is worth the investment. Concrete is attractive, durable and requires little maintenance, just to name a few benefits. A good concrete contractor in Laurel can help you weigh the pros and cons of concrete and decide whether it is a good choice for you and your property. Please read on to learn more about J&A Services and our experience with concrete jobs of all shapes and sizes.
Benefits of Concrete Driveways
It’s easy to see why Americans love concrete driveways. This type of driveway offers a myriad of advantages over more common asphalt or cut stone driveways. Just a few of these include…
- Aesthetics. Simply put, concrete offers one of the most beautiful surfaces available. It doesn’t chip or crumble like asphalt or get pushed aside and overrun with weeds like stone. Concrete can also be tinted or etched to make it more decorative.
- Durability. A concrete driveway installed properly can last for 30 years or longer. Since the average homeowner moves every 12 years, you’ll likely never have to replace your concrete driveway. In addition, a concrete driveway can stand up to the heaviest traffic, a smart consideration is you own an RV, fifth wheel or boat that you’ll be parking in the driveway.
- Low maintenance. Unlike an asphalt driveway that must be resealed every two years or so, a concrete driveway needs very little effort to keep it looking sharp for years to come.
- Stands up to heat. Concrete doesn’t heat up the way that asphalt does and won’t become soft and pliable on those sultry summer days.
- Ecologically sound. Since a concrete driveway lasts so long, you won’t have to use resources to replace it for three or more decades. This saves not only raw materials but also the energy used to create those materials. At the end of its lifespan, concrete can be recycled to create other building materials.
Finding a Quality Concrete Contractor in Laurel
If you’re looking for a concrete contractor in Laurel, contact J&A Services for a free estimate. We have more than 20 years of experience in the concrete business. Plus, we offer a variety of other services to beautify the exterior of your home, including installing decks and patios, installing pavers, masonry work and general landscaping.